5 Popular Options
Home renovations are very popular. If you are looking to stay in your current home and have little interest in purchasing new, renovating your home to accommodate your family needs can increase the property value and equity in your property. To make room for growing families and changing demands, home renovations are a great way to tackle those needs. If you’re looking at beginning a home renovation, K. Shaw & Sons Contracting has over 50 years experience as a General Contractor in the Peace Country.
Below are five major types of renovations, whether the need is to update the home, add more space or simply make the home better reflect your family’s character and needs. K. Shaw & Sons Contracting can provide detailed pricing, timelines, and design input to give you the best information you need in your decision to move forward.
- Kitchen Renovation: This is the most popular type of major renovation in a home. It’s also the best way to increase a home’s value if it were to be put on the market. Kitchen renovations can be done for numerous reasons – increasing usable space, updating appliances, cabinetry, countertops and creating a more luxurious kitchen and dining area.
- Bathroom Renovations: Bathroom renovations offer the means to increase the visual appeal and usability within a home, and increasingly are done to help a family save water with high efficiency fixtures.
- New Bathroom: For homes that have fewer bathrooms than is ideal, adding one is a very popular choice. This might be done to provide a private bathroom for children/parents, or a guest bathroom.
- Finishing a Basement: This is one of the best ways to add usable space to your home environment. Basements can become full bedroom suites, or they might be used as movie rooms, game rooms, in-law suites or rental suites, depending on the needs.
- Additions: Adding a room (or more than one) is also very popular. Often, families with two or more children and not enough bedrooms choose to add on so each child can have their own bedroom. However, adding on can also be done if you want to add an office, family game room, sunroom etc.
These five types of home renovation are just the beginning of what can be done in your home, and is best undertaken with the help of a skilled general contractor to manage and oversee the entire process. This takes care of issues that may result from DIY projects. K. Shaw & Shaw ensures permits are acquired, work is done according to local building codes, and all inspections guarantee that framing, utilities and finishes are completed to the highest quality.
Contact K. Shaw & Sons Contracting @ (780)-532-0565 or email us @ Kshawts@gmail.com to begin this exciting new process